CDR: Democrat FUD: "If our lead does not mount, you must re-count!"

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Nov 11 11:55:54 PST 2000

At 2:43 PM -0500 11/11/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 09:05:54AM -0800, Tim May wrote:
>>  Hilarious. Things are falling apart better and with more acrimony
>>  than I'd hoped.
>[...snip...]
>>  And so it goes, with recounts, judicial adjustments, do overs, and
>>  other such things requested in dozens, then hundreds, then thousands
>>  of counties.
>
>As much as I'd appreciate, purely from the perspective of continued
>amusement, this perpetual election to continue, I suspect it won't.
>
>At least some Dems are publicly telling Al to back down:
>http://www.perpetualelection.com/article.pl?sid=00/11/11/090229
>
>If Al's stated litigiousness becomes perceived as a liability, we
>might see a kind of trip from Capitol Hill to the Naval Observatory to
>tell Al enough is enough. The irony is that one of the senators most
>tempermentally likely to do so is, of course, the Dem VP candidate.

* Stage One of the FUD Campaign, Wednesday morning: "They found a
whole box of ballots in an inner city, Democratic-leaning,
pre-school! This will throw the election to Gore."

(quickly turned out that this alleged ballot box contained stationery supplies)

* Stage Two of the FUD Campaign, Wednesday evening: "Thousands of
elderly Jewish voters were tricked by the confusing ballot into
voting for Pat Buchanan."

(turned out that, based on interviews, nearly every Jew in Palm Beach
County claims to have accidentally voted for Buchanan, or
double-voted. The numbers don't support this, and other counties had
spoiled ballots, too. A Republican-leaning county in northern Florida
had 22,000 spoiled ballots.)

* Stage Three of the FUD Campaign, all day Thursday and continuing:
"At least 20,000 ballots were spoiled because elderly Jewish
Democrats got confused and tried to vote for Gore after discovering
they accidentally voted for Buchanan. We demand a re-vote!"

* Stage Four of the FUD Campaign, current: "We demand a manual
recount. Two counts, the first one and then the state-mandated
machine recount, are not enough. We are certain that if certain
counties are counted again, and again, that the extra votes we need
will be found."

[As Jesse Jackson and Johnnie Cockroach might singsong: "If our lead
does not mount, you must re-count!']

* Stage Five of the FUD Campaign, ongoing: "The whole Electoral Thing
is a throwback to the whitemale patriarchy. What matters is the
popular vote, the first one, before Bush temporarily took the lead by
manipulating the recounts in New Mexico, Wisconsin, Iowa, and other
states. The Peeples spoke on Tuesday night!"

A lot of Democrats need to be dealt with when this is (temporarily) through.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.