CDR: Re: A secure voting protocol

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Nov 11 10:39:27 PST 2000

     --
At 03:11 PM 11/10/2000 -0800, Tim May wrote:
 > Physical ballot voting has its problems, but at least people
 > _understand_ the concept of marking a ballot, as opposed to
 > "blinding the exponent of their elliptic curve function and then
 > solving the discrete log problem for an n-out-of-m multi-round
 > tournament."

Ideally, we should organize an election so that the illiterate, the stupid,
and the drunk will generally fail to vote correctly.  Unfortunately someone
would then issue the handy dandy automatic party vote generator, and hand
it out to the illiterate, the stupid, and the drunk, adding a bottle of
cheap wine when handing it out to the drunk.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      KwZlt9KCijOCzrhw3QZ/cuaemiOw53HCV/PevL0V
      4ovZu0o0N7DYZPyCzqgtAMc88qwb/ne5KZ7U4x/6s