CDR: Re: Late-postmarked ballots from ZOG-occupied Palestine

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Nov 10 17:05:00 PST 2000

At 7:46 PM -0500 11/10/00, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>In <a05010416b632437994d9@[207.111.241.50]>, on 11/10/00
>    at 06:32 PM, Tim May <tcmay at got.net> said:
>
>>I have no idea.
>
>>The solution has been obvious for a long time: absentee ballots must  be
>>received by the close of business on the polling day. Those who  know
>>they are going to be out of their voting area must mail their  ballots in
>>time to arrive. This eliminates this particular hazard.
>
>Eliminate them completely would be an even simpler solution. Too many
>people give elections the proper respect that they deserve. You go and
>plan your vacation at voting time too bad you made your choice. The only
>ones that have any legitimate excuse for not being in the town that they
>are registered to vote is those that are either on military deployment or
>in the diplomatic corps. Polling stations can be set up on military bases
>and US Embassies to accommodate the majority that fall into those
>catagories.

I would support this as well.

The craziest aspect of "absentee ballots" is that some people move
away from their original registration places and then vote absentee
for years, even decades. My father and mother, for example, voted
absentee with a California ballot for 15 years of living in Virginia,
France, and Maryland. Only when our family lived in France for a year
could they have justifiably claimed to be "absentee residents."

And this is not rare. Absentee ballots are a lot more than being
about people who are temporarily away from their homes.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.