CDR: Re: Rants and sour grapes ...

Gil Hamilton gil_hamilton at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 11:08:07 PST 2000

Ernest Hua writes:
>It is abundantly clear to me that much of the ranting going on here on this
>list is at least 50% sour grapes.
>
>Not to pick on Tim, but he just seems like a convenient example; it is
>clear in Tim's mind that he does not want the possibility of Gore being the
>next president. He may have some procedural reasons to back this rant up,
>but he definitely does not like Gore.

You arrogant pinhead. It is you who have been whining that these
poor dimwitted voters in Palm Beach County must be allowed to vote
again; after all, "the voters should get what they want."

In any case, if they did hold a revote in Palm Beach County, what
happens after that?  What if Bush is still ahead and there are more
spoiled ballots?  What if Gore is ahead, but there are spoiled
ballots?  Or, is the objective to just allow them to re-vote again
and again until you and Gore get the outcome you're looking for?

And what about other states?  There were spoiled ballots in every
state and probably every precinct, and I have no doubt there was
some idiot confused by the ballot in every such case.  What is the
threshold at which we allow that state or precinct to vote over
again?

I'm beginning to think Tim is right:  The fuse on this powder keg
is lit.  The NAACP and its ilk, along with Gore partisans like you,
will never accept the outcome of this election.

And holding a re-vote is the beginning of the end.  Republicans
aren't likely to let the Dems get away with stealing it back.  In
the end, I guess Slick Willie will just have to declare himself
dictator-for-life and invoke martial law to "maintain order".

Better stock up on ammo, folks.  (Maybe Y2K was just a few months
late.)

- GH