CDR: Rants and sour grapes ...

Ernest Hua ernest at luminousnetworks.com
Fri Nov 10 10:28:06 PST 2000

It is abundantly clear to me that much of the ranting
going on here on this list is at least 50% sour grapes.

Not to pick on Tim, but he just seems like a convenient
example; it is clear in Tim's mind that he does not
want the possibility of Gore being the next president.
He may have some procedural reasons to back this rant
up, but he definitely does not like Gore.

The same can be said of the rants about the dead guy.

The same can be said of the disgruntled voters of Palm
county.

The same can be said of Republicans and Democrats
desperately trying to manipulate the rules to gain some
tiny margin of hope of winning.

Yes, in all of these cases, the interested party can
cite many legal issues and keep lots of lawyers fed and
happy.  But if the opposing party was the one who might
stand to gain from the same procedural maneuvers, these
rants and whines would never have come from the same
people.

I know Tim will be offended because I am accusing him
of being less than objective, but I really have trouble
believing he would hold the same position so firmly if
his favorite candidate might stand to gain from the
post-election-day legal challenges.

(Like I said, Tim, I'm sorry it looks like I'm picking
on you, but you've made yourself so easy to pick on.
Perhaps you would just think about what would happen if
your candidate was the one who WOULD stand to gain from
the legal challenges.)

It's just sour grapes.

Ern