CDR: Re: A very brief politcal rant

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Nov 10 02:45:18 PST 2000

At 11:56 PM 11/9/00 -0800, petro wrote:

>>a Democrat -- and that might well be so. But I doubt the
>>Federal Election Commision will think much of a ballot
>>where 'you vote Democratic -- we'll fill in the blank'
>>is a legitimate vote.
>>
>>I would say the same for any 'candidate', but they Republican,
>>Democrat, Libertarian or Dead.
>
>	It's called "Straight Party", and IIRC it is a box on the
>Missouri ballots. I *know* it was on the Illinois ballots. Saves dead
>people time you understand, they only have a limited amount of time.

Here in San Francisco, having the Straight Party on the ballot
would be pretty controversial.

>"Despite almost every experience I've ever had with federal
>authority, I keep imagining its competence."
>John Perry Barlow

Voting for the Dead, on the other one's hand, is just fine.

Currently, however, it's still Nobody for President.

(If New Jersey election laws didn't require the candidate to sign
ballot petitions, I was seriously tempted a few years back to put
Frank Zappa on the ballot for President.  He'd declined somebody's offer
because he had cancer, but it only requires 1000 signatures,
which would be an afternoon or two at Rutgers :-)
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com