CDR: Re: More blather from the DEMS on FL

Brian Lane brian at nexuscomputing.com
Thu Nov 9 22:11:43 PST 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 08:20:23PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> At 7:02 PM -0800 11/8/00, Evan wrote:
> >what the hell is the electoral college still doing in existance? it
> >should have gone out w/ unlimited presidential terms.... voting with
> >their conscience my ass.... voting in a partisan fashion is more like it
>
> If you are an American citizen, you have failed to understand that
> this nation is a federal republic, not a direct democracy.
>
> Perhaps there are night school classes in your area to help you to
> fill in the gaps in your education.

  He sounds like one of the victimized voters from Florida. Illiterate,
uneducated people who are allowing themselves to be used to throw an
election (or draw things out, as the Clinton/Gore administration tends to
do).

  If we get rid of the Electoral College then we may as well throw out all
the States and just call ourselves federal citizens (not that we are very
far from that state of affairs anyway).

  Brian

--
--------[Inside 66.04F]-------[Outside 38.32F]-------[Drink 69.64F]---------
Brian C. Lane                                       brian at nexuscomputing.com
Linux Consulting & Web Hosting                        www.nexuscomputing.com
Patriot                                                  www.libertynews.org
Domain hosting $25/mo (30Meg,MySQL,PHP3,SSL,Perl)

To make inexpensive guns impossible to get is to say that you're
putting a money test on getting a gun.  It's racism in its worst form.
        -- Roy Innis, president of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), 1988