No subject

bh28 bh28 at drexel.edu
Thu Nov 9 17:30:57 PST 2000

Does anybody have a stego program along the lines of Peter Wayner's
Mimic Functions?  I'm looking for something that you can hand a grammar
and a set of bits that will produce sentences in the grammar,
plus a decoder that can take the sentences and reconstruct the bits.
I have a friend who lives in a kleptocratic country where the local
bureaucrats have made it clear they'll confiscate the main email node
in his town if they catch traffic they recognize as encrypted,
and text in some non-popular language may be less obvious than, say,
Mandelbrot sets with stego-bits or other artwork.

I think Texto is what you are looking for, and it is available from the
cypherpunks archive in the steganography directory. If you can't find it,
drop me a private note and I'll mail it to you...

Dear Mr./Mrs. Lucifer
Hi, we are two students studying in Drexel University, Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania. In order to graduate, we need to have a senior project and we
decided to write an application using Steganography.
We are especially interested in using Context Free Grammar as a basis to
develop the application; in other words, we want to conceal secret messages in
seemingly innocuous text. We did some research and found out that mimic
function may be able to help us. However, we have a hard time figuring out how
this mimic function works and how to actually encode our information. After
searching on the Web, we found this message and thought that you might be able
to help us to finish our project.
Can we read the source code and figure out how to do it? We plan to write the
whole application in Java and we want to develope some kind of instant message
user interface, like AIM, or ICQ. We will definitely be ethical about coding
and documenting all the material that we borrow.
This is the link that I found the message:
http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.96.08.29-96.09.04/msg00044.html
Yours Sincerely,
                                                 Bae-Shi Huang
                                                 Chris