BSA deploys imaginary pirate software detector vans

Neil Johnson njohnson at interl.net
Thu Nov 9 16:26:44 PST 2000

Wasn't there some articles some time ago about Microsoft doing research into
Tempest/Van Eck (sp) radiation ? It was speculated  at the time that they
were going include software to "broadcast" their serial numbers so that
illegal copies could be detected.

I wonder how the Supreme is going to rule on that case where the police used
an infrared camera to determine they had probable cause to go after a
marijuana grower based on the heat radiating from his house ?

Neil M. Johnson
njohnson at interl.net
http://www.interl.net/~njohnson
PGP Key Finger Print: 93C0 793F B66E A0C7  CEEA 3E92 6B99 2DCC