CDR: Re: Democrats are arguing for "statistical sampling voting"

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Nov 9 17:52:49 PST 2000

At 8:55 PM -0500 11/9/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>I suggest that we find one county for each state that we believe to be
>representative, let them vote, and then extrapolate from their results
>and assign electors accordingly.
>
>Or perhaps one household per state. I volunteer Tim and his cats to to
>represent California. I know the way Nietzsche would vote, at least.

I put a ballot in front of him, consisting of three open cans of cat food:

Gore:  O

             O : Buchanan

Bush: O

He spoiled his ballot by eating out of more than one can, though, so
he has now brought in Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Tawana Brawley, and
Morris the Cat to argue that he was confused and should be given a
"do over."

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.