CDR: Re: Minesweeper and defeating modern encryption technology

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Nov 9 15:13:59 PST 2000

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Sampo A Syreeni wrote:

> You are talking about two very different problems, here. Gödel/Turing sorta
> things are about problems where quantifiers over an infinite set are
> permitted.

No, it is exactly the same thing. Godel applies to ANY set of axioms and
conjectures. It is universal.

Godel clearly applies to Boolean algebra. The theorems we are speaking of
are applied to Boolean algebra. The theorems require either a universal
consistency or evaluator, either is prohibited by Godel's.

In the particular case we are speaking of we are talking about the
situation where the language consists of "all
consistent/valid/evaluatable/assignable boolean sentences".

Hence, somebody did a naughty...

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com