CDR: Re: building codes, property rights (follow up)

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Nov 9 14:11:38 PST 2000

At 11:09 AM 11/9/00 -0500, David Honig wrote:
>So Tim is right --there are no constraints on his property, unless he wants
>to improve or sell it.
>
>Or the government needs it for a freeway...

Heh.  Having seen Tim's property, at the edge of a fairly high hill,
that'd be a pretty entertaining freeway....

More to the point, if Tim wanted to rent his spare bedroom to somebody,
there'd be a whole raft of constraints and requirements.
I have one friend whose agreement with his housemate was that
she wasn't a tenant paying rent, because then he'd be a landlord
being regulated and paying income taxes - instead she was a housemate
paying her (large) fair share of the utilities, maid service,
maintenance, swimming pool cleaning, etc.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com