CDR: RE: Reporting weirdness: Hagelin vs. Browne

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Nov 9 13:16:08 PST 2000

> ----------

Watching in Massachusetts, I was actually rather impressed at the level
which the major media were reporting the minor candidates. Unlike previous
years, where it sometimes took days for me to find out how Libertarian
candidates did, this year they were reported live along with the others.

In Ma, Carla Howell got about 12% in her Senate run, just a little behind
the
Republican candidate (the rest went to Kennedy). In fact, Libertarian
candidates where getting 10-15% of the vote quite consistantly in local
races.

Peter Trei