CDR: Re: A very brief politcal rant

Jim Burnes jburnes at savvis.net
Thu Nov 9 11:05:05 PST 2000

On Thu, 09 Nov 2000, you wrote:

> > Um ... this is a good technical argument, but it does not address
> the basic premise that what the voters wants is what the voters
> should get.  There is no question what the voter wants.  They
> knew ahead of time that they would be voting for a dead man's wife.
> The appointment may be technically flawed, but for a judge to throw
> this out would require finding a serious problem.  Technicality is
> probably not a serious enough problem to go against the electorate.

Let me re-state what you have just said.  The 'people' should get
what the 'people' want irregardless of the law.  Unfortunately
what the people want is unclear here.  If the people wanted the
dead governors wife for senate they should have put her on the
ballot.

Playing the bait and switch game distorts the election outcome.

What the people are getting is what the governor wants.

Welcome to the people's paradise of Misery.

If the people really want her, a special election should clear
that up very quickly.  It would be above board and not more
Jefferson City scamming and corruption.

I've seen first hand the intent and demeanor of St. Louis
politics and its not pretty.  This probably had much to do
with his election.

jim