CDR: Reporting weirdness: Hagelin vs. Browne

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Nov 9 09:42:28 PST 2000

On CNN I watched the election results coming in. They always listed
four candidates: Bush, Gore, Nader, and Hagelin. The usual format was
Bush/Gore on the "crawl" at the bottom of the screen and then a
second page with the crawl having Nader/Hagelin.

Sometimes Buchanan was listed.

It sure looked like Hagelin was doing better than Browne, the
Libertarian Party candidate.

Well, here's what the "Washington Post" is reporting as the nearly
final tally for the lesser candidates:

Harry Browne (Lib.) 	0 	373,109 	0
Howard Phillips (CST) 	0 	98,224 	0
John Hagelin (NLP) 	0 	87,914 	0
James Harris (SWP) 	0 	11,190 	0
L. Neil Smith (Lib.) 	0 	5,181 	0
Monica Moorehead (WW) 	0 	4,245 	0
David McReynolds (Soc.) 	0 	4,097 	0

I guess it was "natural law" that caused CNN (and perhaps other
networks) to report on Hagelin over Browne.

The Libertarian Party should request a "Do-over!" like the Palm Beach
Jews are now demanding.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.