CDR: Re: A successful lawsuit means Gore wins!

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Wed Nov 8 20:37:04 PST 2000

At 7:02 PM -0800 11/8/00, Evan wrote:
>what the hell is the electoral college still doing in existance? it
>should have gone out w/ unlimited presidential terms.... voting with
>their conscience my ass.... voting in a partisan fashion is more like it

Spooky Cypherpunk Niggar Tim May Moroned:
#    If you are an American citizen, you have failed to understand that
#    this nation is a federal republic, not a direct democracy.
#
#    Perhaps there are night school classes in your area to help you to
#    fill in the gaps in your education.

I hear it used to be clearer: they didn't even list presidential
candidates on the ballot, just the electorial college members.

----

George at Orwellian.Org wrote:
>Wow, NBC reports 19,000 Palm Beach County ballots
>were discarded because _two_ holes were punched,
>presumably by people confused by the illegally
>formatted ballot. Buchanun received three times
>the votes expected.

Spooky Cypherpunk Niggar Tim May Moroned:
#    Earth to George: that the ballots were discarded does not mean
#    anything for the vote total already reported. Those 19,000 ballots,
#    if this is true, will simply vanish into the great black hole of
#    defective ballots (more than one vote per category, torn, etc.).
#
#    So?

So: added fuel for a Palm Beach County revote.

That's on top of an illegally formatted ballot
that can demonstratably (statistically) be shown
to be the cause of impossibly high Buchanan votes.

Both are indicators the badly formatted ballot
robbed people of their right to vote.