CDR: Re: A very brief politcal rant

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Nov 8 15:34:44 PST 2000

At 10:36 AM -0500 on 11/8/00, brflgnk at cotse.com wrote:

> If the citizens of Missouri chose to elect a deceased person as Senator,
>I think
> that's exactly what they should get.

Would that we were all so fortunate. Imagine, a whole senate full of dead
people. Well... empty seats representing dead people. Or something.

Missouri, the show me state, indeed.

Let's see, somebody could go around and collect petition signatures for
famous  ex-sons-of-Massachusetts. *Lots* of those. John Adams? Sam
Adams?... Hmmm....What was the name of the first colonist killed at Concord?

Oops.

Wait a minute. That would not, in fact, get the result we desire. In fact,
we'd get the worst of all possible worlds.

If I recall correctly, dead Republicans *don't* vote.

Only dead *Democrats* can do *that*...

;-).

Cheers,
RAH
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA