CDR: Re: More blather from the DEMS on FL

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Nov 8 14:18:47 PST 2000

http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/11/07/results/index.html

Supervisor of Elections Theresa LePore, a Democrat, insisted any
confusion was unintentional and defended the layout of the cluttered
ballots as necessary to get all the presidential candidates on facing
pages while making the type large enough for voters to read.

"I was trying to make the print bigger so elderly people in Palm Beach
County can read it," said LePore.

She also said if it was so confusing, someone should have pointed it
out to her earlier. "We sent out sample ballots to all registered
voters, and no one said a word," she said.