CDR: Re: VerySafe?

sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Nov 8 09:53:16 PST 2000

Tom Vogt wrote:

> Harmon Seaver wrote:
> >
> >    Has this been discussed on the list in recent (or even ancient)
> > memory? If so, I can't recall it, and looked thru my own archives going
> > back a couple years and didn't find it.
> >
> > http://www.verysafe.com/
>
> why in all hell would you want to do such a thing with a proprietary,
> closed-source, outlook-only solution if you can do all of it with PGP?
>
> and how much difference is there between using a plugin and using PGP?
> to the end-user, it's all magic anyways.

Oh no,

This is a wonderful idea.  After all, once you get someone used to
receiving executables, they'll run anything.  You can then attach any
trojans you want.  This must have been thought up by an LEO; who else
would think up such an evil way of "securing" email.

--
 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\