CDR: Re: Al Gore is only 630 votes away from winning the election

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Nov 8 08:08:44 PST 2000

At 3:49 AM -0500 11/8/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>With 99.9 percent of the votes in Florida counted, Al Gore is only
>630 votes away from winning the presidency. The Florida Department
>of State reports -- in numbers updated in the last five minutes --
>that George W. Bush won 2,898,865 votes with Gore scoring 2,898,235.

I'm watching Jesse Jackson on CNN, saying he and others (Al Sharpton,
etc.) will be rallying to investigate "irregularities" in Florida.
They plan marches.

Both sides are now scrambling to find the extra votes they need. I
wouldn't be at all surprised if both sides don't turn up
"undiscovered" votes. Or if both sides don't sue to invalidate entire
blocs of votes (from certain precincts).

The longer the recount goes on, the more suspect the final tally,
ironically enough.

The one good thing out of this circus is that neither party will have
the "mandate" to push for lots of new laws.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.