CDR: Re: Courts interfering with election

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Nov 7 18:44:47 PST 2000

At 9:14 PM -0500 11/7/00, George at orwellian.org wrote:
>commerce wrote home.com
>#   The obvious complaint is that only select polling areas were
>#    given extended hours, when it would have been just as easy to
>#    extend voting hours for the entire region....
>
>If all polling places had their hours extended,
>does TimMay withdraw his objections?

No, though this would be a good first step.

The obvious issue is that those in the suburbs were more careful to
schedule their voting period to match the preannounced poll hours.

The "get out the vote" last-minute calls to the welfare chiselers,
the addicts, the crack hoes, etc., produced a last-minute surge.

I say fuck them and fuck any court officers who pull off this
last-minute vote grab.

"In a last-minute development, polling places in Newport Beach, La
Jolla, and Pebble Beach will remain open for two additional hours,
following legal calls by the California Republican Party. Democrats
are furious, and are demanding that polling places in Watts,
South-Central LA, and Oakland be kept open _three_ additional hours."

Rules are rules. People should plan according to those rules.
Last-minute surges as precinct captainst call on their troops should
not be rewarded by keeping the polls open longer.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.