CDR: Re: Courts interfering with election

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Nov 7 16:39:01 PST 2000

At 4:18 PM -0800 11/7/00, Tim May wrote:
>I thought I was jaded, but this is too much even for me to believe.
>
>A judge in St. Louis has ordered the polls kept open later, until 10
>pm local time. The effect will be to let more inner city,
>Democrat-leaning voters vote.
>
>The rural and suburban polling places will close at the normal times.
>
>Whew.
>
>Democrats are elated that more of their supporters will be able to
>vote in the extra hours.
>
>A similar measure was turned down in another state (Kansas?).
>
>Democrats in other urban areas are hustling to see if they can get
>their own bought judges involved in the process.
>
>A stunning theft of the election. If these "late Democrats" turn out
>to be the margin of victory, this will energize the anger of the
>Republicans.

I just had a Cypherpunks numbskull (who was also actively on the
wrong side in the Elian debate) send me private mail asking why I
would object to this. His exact words were:

"It's hard to imagine that someone quite disgusted with our
pseudo-democratic government will argue against ensuring
that everyone has a chance to vote ..."

Sometimes I despair.

We may need to make a list of the Cypherpunks idiots here and "mark
them for deletion" during the next GC.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.