CDR: Re: US report urges Arafat to use torture for peace

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Nov 7 08:49:18 PST 2000

     --

09:18 PM 11/6/2000 -0500, David Honig wrote:
 > The Israelis claim that they use live ammo against molotov
 > cocktailers, not mere stoners.

This claim is partly true, and partly false.  In a few cases the Jews have
openly responded to rocks with gunfire.  I would do the same in their shoes.

In many cases someone in hiding slingshots a rock at a Jewish gunman and
then runs, the Jewish gunmen men then kill some random Palestinians in
reprisal, and then proclaim they think that someone was shooting at
them.  Note I said Jewish gunmen, not Israeli gunmen, since non Jewish
citizens of Israel are screwed almost as badly as the non citizens, because
Jewish non citizens have no difficulty exercising freedom to move
themselves, goods, and money throughout Israel and the occupied
territories, whereas non Jewish citizens have great difficulty in doing this.

About half the Palestinians that are killed are shot in the head.  If they
shot in the course of combat, more of them would be shot in the trunk.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      KUQ1s2xYS02SRwUmgwJvdgjGmkWZaXnDr+eo9q29
      4KHmU5/34CgqD/sLbCdGLzO9IpmDw8W9691cvy+KS