CDR: Re: US report urges Arafat to use torture for peace

Harmon Seaver hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us
Tue Nov 7 07:28:27 PST 2000

        Forget the politics, whose right or wrong, etc.  -- just
consider the situation of a mob coming at you throwing large stones (and
molotov cocktails -- and also firing weapons occasionally). What would
you do, hold your fire? Use rubber bullets?
         What I object to is the slanted reporting of the left-wingers
who continually speak about "stone throwing youths" as if these were
children throwing little pebbles.
           But on the political side -- yes, there too the Israeli's are
showing restraint. They should never have allowed any Arabs to remain
inside their borders. The Palestinians have a country, it's called
Jordan. And the problem in Jordan is that they have a royal family who
is not Palestinian, but Saudi. Everyone else is Palestinian.  Israel is
a incredibly tiny piece of land, very hard to defend militarily, and
impossible without the westbank.
             I notice that those people who whine about the Israeli's
taking Arab land don't follow their own beliefs and pack up and go back
to Europe and give my ancestors land back to us. Fair is fair, right?
Put your money where your mouth is, Choate.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS     Systems Librarian
Arrowhead Library System        Virginia, MN