CDR: Re: AT&T signs bulk hosting contract with spammers

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Nov 6 19:50:01 PST 2000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Alex B. Shepardsen wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Jim Choate wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Alex B. Shepardsen wrote:
> >
> > > Would GSM have been broken if the researchers couldn't have taken credit
> > > for it?
> >
> > Yes. There would have been a very increased motivation for doing so by
> > many groups who would benefit from being the only part who had the
> > information.
>
> Ah, but would you or I know that it had been broken?

That's exactly where the value comes from and why clandanstine groups in
that environment can find funding for such adventure. In a more open
market it isn't worth the hassle, just become an investor in the venture
or commit industrial sabotage. Let them do the work, you reap the benefit.

In an environment where nobody is supposed to have it then anybody is on
top. Remember...

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com