CDR: Re: AT&T signs bulk hosting contract with spammers

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Nov 6 19:47:59 PST 2000

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 12:22:46PM -0600, Jim Choate wrote:
> > > 2. AUPs with backbone providers/hosting services (industry self-regulation)
> >
> > I oppose these because I don't think some organization should have control
> > of my speech simply because I purchase a service from them. If I buy, for
>
> It would be part of the terms of service, aka the contract. It doesn't
> "violate the spirit of the 1st" (except for leftists) any more than a
> contract clause that says "thou shalt not launch DDoS attacks."

I didn't say anything about the 1st. I said "...I don't think some
organization should have control of my speech simply because I purchase a
service from them."

I begin to see how you can mis-quote so easily...blipverts I bet.

As I said before, if I buy a 128k dedicated ISDN then I expect the
provider to provide that bandwidth. The content of those bits is not their
business.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com