CDR: Re: Connie Chung fucks up & things are not as they seem.A good example of the tremen

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Nov 6 09:17:22 PST 2000

At 10:04 AM -0600 11/6/00, Neil Johnson wrote:
>I think you must be mistaking "Wired" for the "Weekly World News".
>
>You know I live about 20-30 miles from a large government/corporate
>installation (the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant in South Eastern Iowa). Was
>opened in the early 1900's. Thousands of acres, 100's of miles of Railroad,
>Bunkers, Warehouses, High Security, built atomic bombs in the 50's and 60's.
>It doesn't even show up on most maps.

Sounds much like the fictional setting for the "Newark Incident" in
John Gilstrap's "At Any Cost." In that novel, a very large former
weapons plant in Arkansas is the site of some old weapons bunkers
leaking nerve gases and whatnot. Rail lines, "mounds" covering the
bunkers are covered with trees which have grown up over the years
since the plant was decommissioned, etc.

I don't know if there was such a plan in Arkansas as well as in Iowa,
or whether Gilstrap simply changed a few names and sites to protect
the guilty. A good read, though, as was his earlier thriller,
"Nathan's Run."

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.