CDR: Hushmail>>Email Portal (got Flustered...)

Wilfred L. Guerin Wilfred at Cryogen.com
Sat Nov 4 16:08:18 PST 2000

Greetings All,

I just got flustered with HushCom not being able to develop quality code or
systems (HushMail.com/etc), and hacked up a simple applet that will Get all
of your hushmail content (recursive on all folders and messages) and pipe
them transparently to your preferred local mail server and account. (If
local mail host, security is retained. -- as if there is any to begin with.)

In short, its a merger of basic smtp and a hacked version of the most
recent hush client. -- I simply got aggrivated with their persistant
failures and inability to implement basic components.

Only thing not covered is the getting of attachments and sub-messages,
which is more effective by hand. All internal variables, data, etc, are
otherwise included in header or content. (Incl keys)

Only requirements are fixing browser security to allow multiple server
contact (applet host, hushmail.com, mail server ) and if you use a local
mail server, no compromise of data security. (localhost)

Works fine for my accounts, should be ok for everything.

Please email me directly for url or more info/code/etc...
("Wilfred at Cryogen.com")Only took a few minutes, and can be easily enhanced,
however this is merely an informal project to get my personal email off of
their damned servers.

Wont even comment on their security issues now... :) Have to wait 10 years
and see what type of bs comes out similar to the pgp stuff a few weeks
ago... eh?

So lets go rescue our hushmail :)

-Wilfred
Wilfred at Cryogen.com