CDR: Re: Tim May's anti-semitic rants

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Sat Nov 4 01:43:14 PST 2000

Jim Choate wrote:

> Yes you have, the 'government' are the poeple. This schizo view of
> government as if it was some stand alone entity that decends from the
> heavens to enslave mankind is what is bullshit.

And happens to describe the real situation for most people in the world,
most of the time.

Criticise the British government all you want in front of me. I'll
happily agree that they are better than three-quarters of the
governments in the world - for that matter better than the last 50 years
of government in the UK - but that doesn't  mean that they have got it
anywhere near right or that I support most of what they do. I might
*vote* for them but that  might be  mainly to keep the other lot out. I
might even be a member of the same political party as the government -
but that cold be for quite other reasons. But I don't personally
identify with them in any way. Your criticism of them is unlikely to
upset, worry, or offend me. (& even if it did that's no reason for you
not to make it)