CDR: algore ad

Anonymous nobody at remailer.privacy.at
Fri Nov 3 20:18:02 PST 2000

I just made the mistake of turning on the television and caught the tail
end of an algore ad slamming GW for his views on HMOs or somesuch.

[Breathy female voice:] "Is it any surprise?  Just look at Texas -- second
to last in women and children without health insurance..."

I would parse that to mean that Texas has some of the *highest* rates of
insurance among women-and-children.

Perhaps the portion of my brain which should control knee-jerk responses
to black and white photographs of little hispanic girls with maudlin
background music was replaced with basic logic rules when I wasn't
looking.

Silly me.