CDR: Re: Tim May's anti-semitic rants

Riad S. Wahby rsw at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 3 15:39:24 PST 2000

Jim Choate <ravage at einstein.ssz.com> wrote:
> Calling him a bigot however isn't.

...if a bigot is someone who disagrees with what you find 'correct.'

> Yes you have, the 'government' are the poeple. This schizo view of
> government as if it was some stand alone entity that decends from the
> heavens to enslave mankind is what is bullshit.

Not really.  Criticizing the government comes down to one of two
things: criticizing a particular member of the government or
criticizing the policies of the government or some government body.

If I say "the FBI is a corrupt bunch of slimeball fucktowels," I
haven't criticized the American public, I've criticized the policies
of a body of the government which are not necessarily based on the
whims of the people.

It's nice to _say_ that the government is the people, but in a lot of
cases, the government does take on the role of the enslaver---i.e. the
wiretapping policies of the FBI, the overstepping of law enforcement,
the Drug War, key escrow, etc.

--
Riad Wahby
rsw at mit.edu