CDR: Re: any good idea?

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Nov 2 03:36:55 PST 2000

This is not a very good place to ask these sort of questions  because
(a) the list is meant to be about the use and  politics and economics of
crypto-technology (b) loads of people and (c) well... I could tell you
half a dozen ways but I would be making it up and you ought not to trust
me. There are mailing lists and newsgroups more directly about the
details of cryptography.

Check out some maths books in a library. Or try to find a copy of Bruce
Schneier's Applied Cryptography book. Or use your search engine of
choice to find web pages discussing "hashing algorithms", "checksums",
"authentication",  & the like.

Ken Brown