CDR: Yet another key maintainence infrastructure?

brflgnk at cotse.com brflgnk at cotse.com
Thu Nov 2 07:46:30 PST 2000

I ran across a (new?) company, Authentica, that's fielding a security model for
email, web pages and documents.  The mail product, MailRecall, uses a plugin
that fetches a key lease for each received message and restricts access based on
the properties of the lease.

Their website, http://www.authentica.com, has little to no real information
about the actual crypto or key protocols used.  Anyone heard about this?
Thoughts on its usefulness?

On a similar note, I had run across http://www.safedepositbox.com a few weeks
ago and actually sent email asking what they were using to protect stored
documents.  The website was pretty vague, and the response was about the same.
The flack blathered on about not sharing that information outside their NDA'd
"Trusted Partners", though he assured me they used "industry standard"
protocols.