CDR: Re: Zero Knowledge changes business model (press release)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Nov 2 07:24:30 PST 2000

One legitimate reason for chatting with LE is to educate them just a
little so they don't overreact when the 747-bomb-attack or the
sarin-gas-plans show up on Freedom. It also seems consistent with
ZKS's goal to be perceived as a good corporate citizen. Finally, it's
what I'd expect ZKS's financial backers would require. When you get
~$40 million in VC funds for cypherpunkly technologies, you get some
strings attached too.

It is a sad day when being a good corporate citizen means chatting
with LE on such friendly terms, but probably many companies do it;
this is not an area where I suspect ZKS is alone.

-Declan