Anarchy Eroded: Project Efnext

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Sun Dec 31 09:59:57 PST 2000

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, James A. Donald wrote:

>      --
> At 10:17 PM 12/30/2000 -0800, Eric Cordian wrote:
>  > Note that the two things IRC really needs, end to end encryption and
>  > authentication, are not even on the list of "improvements" these
>  > people are working on.
>
> Is there a forum where it is appropriate to discuss such improvements?
>
> The average IRC user will never grok the concept of a public key, but we

Irrelevant. What the user wants strictly speaking is irrelevant at this
layer. This is the relationship between publishers and how they will
operate. The user requirements are a factor here but direct user input
isn't needed.

Your position is akin to saying that I as a book publisher must somehow
limit my activities with respect to content selection to only what the
customer or specific list of agents will allow. This violates my right
of ownership with respect to 'the press'.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com