Anarchy Eroded: Project Efnext

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Dec 31 09:13:01 PST 2000

     --
At 10:17 PM 12/30/2000 -0800, Eric Cordian wrote:
 > Note that the two things IRC really needs, end to end encryption and
 > authentication, are not even on the list of "improvements" these
 > people are working on.

Is there a forum where it is appropriate to discuss such improvements?

The average IRC user will never grok the concept of a public key, but we
could have public key's on an IRC server, with the ordinary user using a
SPEKE like password system to gain access to a secured channel and a
secured identity.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      HpLONWYXEqbaFaw3bKJmjhbFeLzMkIrkLaH9CPYW
      4z1W/NcDGlPFqVhKdMx79FgbH147U7C6akoj2OQGh