Internet money reaches critical mass

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 30 11:22:02 PST 2000

     --
I saw a computer advertised in a magazine.  I attempted to buy it.  Seller
wanted payment by paypal or moneyzap

Paypal had bugs, which caused my account to become frozen.   I phoned back.

Me:
	"You are not far from me -- how about I pay you the old
	fashioned way"
Seller:
	"We are not set up for that."

Trouble is of course, that paypal and the rest are based on true names
registered with our beloved government which art in Washington.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      PZWkfSU5nqWkj213i+w5eMQmfIx/x4XVyTsFb5q0
      4ZNmMcS6+ml2grpnvZCzxRVqwJI0SGUHQ7NTrnKNO