maurers algorithm

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 28 23:23:53 PST 2000

Are you sure you don't mean Maurer's algorithm for generating primes
together with certificates of their primality?
You can find that in the _Handbook of Applied Cryptography_
http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/hac/

or on Maurer's publications page
ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/publications/papers/ti/isc/wwwisc/Maurer95a.ps

see also Preda Mihailescu's page
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~mihailes/

I believe that Wei Dai implemented the algorithm; it may be part of
Crypto++.

I don't know of a deterministic algorithm by Maurer for generating strong
primes. (Wouldn't you want such an algorithm to be randomized, so as to
obtain new primes?) Are you sure you don't mean a deterministic primality
test?

-David