About 5yr. log retention

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Dec 27 11:29:21 PST 2000

     --

At 11:44 AM 12/27/2000 +0100, Tom Vogt wrote:
 > *IF* killing people (this way) is the definition of evil, and there
 > is no other way to be evil but by being a murderer, *THEN* you are
 > perfectly right.

I am merely using murder as the most extreme and unambiguous form of
harm.  The word "evil" has two senses.  Harm suffered (morally neutral
sense of the word "evil") and harm unjustifiably and willfully done, or the
danger of such harm.  (Moral sense of the word "evil")

Situations often arise where it is not obvious what is "unjustifiable" and
"willful", where such judgments are necessarily subjective, but in most of
the cases that we care about, most of the time, it is perfectly
objective.  Someone is going about his own business, and out of the blue,
someone robs him, assaults him, or someone denounces him as a class enemy,
race enemy, class traitor, race traitor, etc.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      2b+rEh2sUmsbu7gKB3b5R54ObUVgCN2AUrNdNY0a
      4eDYGULs/oewZgglw6c1M17S4HGW+43VCEjOse7Ia