More half-baked social planning ideas

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Dec 25 18:17:02 PST 2000

At 8:51 PM -0500 12/25/00, David Honig wrote:
>At 01:42 PM 12/25/00 -0500, Tim May wrote:
>>California houses have almost _never_ had basements. Check it out.
>
>A Calif native friend of mine had griped to me (years ago)
>that the Princeton, NJ based SATs were biassed: they had
>an analogy like
>
>	furnace:basement::stove:______
>
>and my SoCal friend complained that furnaces are in walls or maybe an
>attic, and he had never seen a basement.  Coming from places
>where triple-paned glass is the norm, I found this absurd,
>but soon realized it was likely.  Tens of millions of Californians
>have *no idea* of the many-armed oil-fed beast that lives in basements..

Culturocentrism at work.

champagne:waterford::brie:_____

vs.

B:

colt45: crack hoe::a baseball bat:_____

Correct answer to A: "If one refers to the crystal, the answer is
surely c), but if one refers the cracker, one must choose  b), but
only, of course, if the brie is suitably soft."

Correct answer to B: "Whatha _fuck_!!"

And then there's

clipper:spies::toilet plunger:_____

and

shakespeare:borg::locutus:_____

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns