Dude! It's wired!

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Sun Dec 24 15:23:08 PST 2000

Just recently, I bought the current issue of Wired.  I've not looked at the
magazine much since some time in it's second or third year of publication, and
of course now I remember why.

Anyhow, as I was chuckling at the endless stream of articles and advertisements
telling us how wonderful it will be when we can finally enjoy ballroom
dancing as we fly about between cities and countries in great big dirigibles,
I noticed a single paragraph in one article which brings to mind a question.
On Page 181, Bruce Sterling wrote,

	"I think the intermediating people running the means of
	production need to be exterminated -- a lot of them are
	basically war criminals.  I want to empower designers.
	I want them walking across the landscape like a colossus."

I'd like to know if Mr. Sterling has eaten Mr. May's brain.  I note that I haven't
seen him posting here of late.

Regards,

Steve

--
Antidisintermediationalist and Posi-Trak advocate at large.