About 5yr. log retention

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 23 14:36:57 PST 2000

     --
Tom Vogt:
 > > > your problem is still circular reasoning. the arabs who say that
 > > > the US s evil are wrong because they are evil, and they are evil
 > > > because you say so (or because your definition says so, which is
 > > > pretty much the same). your problem is that it works perfectly
 > > > well the other way around: james who says that the nazis are
 > > > evil is wrong because he is himself evil.

James A. Donald:
 > > No it does not work the other way around.
 > >
 > > Normal people killing nazis and commies is not equivalent to nazis
 > > and commies killing normal people, for normal people are a threat
 > > only to evil people, whereas nazis and commies are a threat to
 > > everyone, including their fellow nazis and commies

Tom Vogt:
 > james, this is EXACTLY what I'm getting at. your line works
 > perfectly, provided that the fact that the nazis are either evil or
 > wrong is already established beforehand.
 >
 > see:
 > :  :     for nazis are a threat only to evil people, while jews are
 > :  :     a threat to everyone, including their own race.

Whether they were a threat or not is an objective fact.  Jews were not a
threat (unless perhaps one happens to live in Eretz Israel).  Nazis were a
threat.  Anyone who says otherwise does not merely have different moral
preferences.  He is deluded or lying.

In particular jews were not a threat to germans and the aryan race, whereas
nazis really were a threat to everyone.

That the nazis tended to murder anyone including their fellow nazis, and
commies tended to murder anyone including their fellow commies, is an
objective fact, capable of being true or false.

That normal people do not tend to murder anyone, but only those that really
do threaten them, is also an objective fact capable of being true or
false.  From such objective facts, we can determine that the nazis really
were objectively evil.

It is certainly true that many jews intended and continue to intend to
steal the promised land from those currently occupying it, but the nazis
intended to steal the whole world, and enslave everyone in it, whereas
zionist jews merely intend that the current inhabitants of places near
Israel shall go a few hundred miles further away.  Those oppressed by the
nazis were kept against their will and prevented from fleeing.  Those
oppressed by Israel refuse to leave, despite the fact that most jewish
Israelis would very much like them to go away.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      7zfGQCzejsZpazkZGmLVe4irTUsEc5wcWJCz0ejb
      4ki3SWlor/2iug//RcJrd507Ly6tJQnPJ3RYPIX8h