How do I become a member of Cyberpunks??

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Tue Dec 19 02:55:24 PST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Bill Stewart wrote:

> At 02:28 AM 12/19/00 EST, Anarchysk8er123 at cs.com wrote:
> >           How do I become a member of Cyberpunks??
>
> Read too much William Gibson, get the jack installed in yer head,
> or maybe a set of those nice Ono-Sendai eye implants,
> and cowboy your way onto the net.

There is already too much jacking off on the net...

> If, however, you're looking for the cypherpunks mailing list,
> find the Cyphernomicon on the net, and read it.
> There are archives at inet-one in Singapore.
> If you send mail to cypherpunks-request at einstein.ssz.com and ask nicely,
> the friendly robot will send you mail.  Save the email where
> you'll remember to look it up later, and then if you want
> 50-100 messages delivered to your doorstep daily,
> take the blue pill, or was it the red one.
>
> (Second edition of Bruce Schneier's Applied Cryptography
> is the red one.....)

And the first edition is the blue one. ]:>

The true way to join the Cypherpunks is to find a copy of the album by
"TimMay and The Lords of Darkness", play it backwards and listen for the
steggoed message. ("Leggo my steggo!")

[I gotta stop staying up so damn late...]

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."