New/Improved Taxpatriate's Page

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Mon Dec 18 13:00:13 PST 2000

The IRS is getting lazy but the Official Taxpatriates Page isn't.

The "Service" is late with the 3rd Quarter taxpatriates list but our page
continues to improve anyway.  Apparently The IRS' International District
which has issued the taxpats list ever since it began, has been reorganized
out of existence.  Its functions have been transferred to the Philadelphia
Service Center and the famous Doug Rogers who has signed every list issued
so far has been given new responsibilities.  We wait with baited breath for
the 3rd Quarter list so we can find out who's in charge these days.

Meanwhile, we've added some more articles on taxpatriation

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1997/0616/5912016a.html
http://www.frissell.com/taxpat/Whatabout.htm

and added JFile and MobileDB databases of taxpatriates for those who use
Palm devices.  (These databases have also been contributed to the Memoware
site: http://www.memoware.com/cgi-bin/mwsearch.cgi?Any=taxpatriate.)

http://www.frissell.com/taxpat/taxpats.pdb
http://www.frissell.com/taxpat/taxpatpb.pdb

Question for the taxpatriates who read this list (we know you're out
there).  Have you filled out IRS form 8854
http://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8854.pdf and ratted out your income
and assets at the time of expatriation? If your income is more than $110K
per year or your net worth is more than $500K, you are assumed to have
expatriated to avoid taxes.

As always, the Official Taxpatriates Page can be found at:

http://www.frissell.com/taxpat/taxpats.html

DCF
----
"You don't have to be nice to nation states you meet on the way up if
you're not coming back down!"