The Cost of California Liberalism

Raymond D. Mereniuk Raymond at fbn.bc.ca
Sat Dec 16 22:04:15 PST 2000

In recent years California citizens have decided against new
electric power generation  projects  within their jurisdiction and to
enforce strict air pollution standards on any existing facilities.

This is great as long as the people making this decision pay the
cost.  Unfortunately the cost of these decisions are not being borne
only be the citizens of California.  The bad decisions of the citizens
of California have produced an energy crisis in what is called the
Northwest for which all citizens in what is called the Northwest must
pay the price.

Here I sit in Vancouver BC Canada paying outrageous prices for
natural gas because of the demand in California for natural gas for
heating and electrical generation purposes.  I feel California should
pay for their previous decisions themselves, if you don't want power
plants don't use power or pay the complete premium for your
decision.

Of course the system can never be made to work in this way so
here I sit in Canada paying for bad decisions in California.

Virtually

Raymond D. Mereniuk
Raymond at fbn.bc.ca
"The Ultimate Enterprise Security Experts"
http://www.fbn.bc.ca/sysecurt.html