Announce: "secret-admirers" mail list(usenet)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 16 16:00:38 PST 2000

     --
At 11:24 AM 12/16/2000 -0800, Eric Murray wrote:
 > Only by running your own mail or news server can you prevent the ISP
 > from monitoring your email or news reading.

My newsreader, like most people's newsreaders, automatically downloads
those newsgroups I am interested in full, in the background.   Therefore
there is no way anyone can no which particular message of
"alt.anonymous.messages" I have read.

Alt.anonymous.messages is completely effective.  It does not provide mere
obscurity, but rather supplies true security.  To determine who I am
communicating with, and what I was saying, the adversary would need to
compromise my firewalled computer.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      /HoDeqkrstPjC1zLMA8ggxmk0U1w1LZHGpo0tSFB
      4iW+dQFuOF/JostNZWllHlMlU7zV8knH3Xv+7VKOz