Perry's Paint Fable comes to mind...

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Dec 14 23:59:12 PST 2000

At 11:13 PM -0800 12/14/00, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
>At 10:23 PM -0800 on 12/14/00, Tim May wrote:
>

>>  April 1st is many months off, so why this?
>
>:-).
>
>Let's see now, you're about the third or fourth person to note the same
>think (Stewart, Broiles, for example), on this very thread. The first
>being, of course, Perry...
>
>Yes, I'd heard about the flaps and seals folks. Yes, probably seven or
>eight times. From you, alone, over the years.

Sorry I didn't see the other responses, who pointed out the same
things I pointed out, basically. I was away for a couple of days and
was catching up on a lot of mail.

I'm just amazed that "New Scientist" or anyone else would not know
that making paper transparent is trivial. I may take their "What if
atoms don't actually exist?" sorts of cover stories (quantum
weirdness, stuff from nothingness, etc.) less seriously.

>(In the meantime, are you *sure* you really want to start this kind of
>snide shit again, Tim? It seems to me you and I were doing rather nicely
>the last 9 or 10 months or so...)

It wasn't "snide shit."

Reread what I wrote.

But, since you are apparently so willing to be offended, and have
more than several times brought up some notion that we have some sort
of truce, let me disabuse you of this by saying "Fuck off."

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: 1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns