CDR:Re: The US mis-election - an oportunity for e-voting..

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Dec 13 07:11:44 PST 2000

Different standards aren't necessarily bad either. Local jurisdictions
have a substantial amount of leeway in ballot design in Florida,
which, Democratic partisan protests notwithstanding, is probably a
reasonable thing.

In other areas of the law, they have the opportunity to craft laws and
rules that are more suitable to their area of the country. Local
control and competition among different standards set by different
local communities generally is a good thing. If nothing else, it's the
way the U.S. political system was set up to work.

-Declan