Digital Economy Jargon Generator

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Dec 12 14:28:39 PST 2000

At 4:43 PM -0500 on 12/12/00, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> (Yes, I get the joke, and consider myself properly spanked. I'll go see
> *myself* how the Swedish Chef thing works. It can't be that hard, right?)

As Senior Wences(sp?) used to say, "Eeesy for jou to say, for me, ees
deeficult!)

Okay, so it does searches and replaces on *characters* and doesn't just
insert buzz words per se, which means, like the website of the same name
says, it does dialectizing, and not jargon per se.

>From the Mac source (Chef 1.1) I found on info-mac, the Swedish Chef one's
pretty simple, with just a few character substitution rules. The hardest
one I found, from a quick perusal in Google, is Cockney, with something
like 600 rules, which I haven't actually looked at, yet.

Creating text which sounds like me -- much less John Young -- may (or may
not :-)) be "eesy". Though, it does remind me of the concordance
text-biometric stuff people around here used to fool around with to
identify anonymous cypherpunk messages from, um, various cranks...

:-).

Cheers,
RAH
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA