Hettinga does *nothing* but hand-waving, folks...

Carskadden, Rush carskar at netsolve.net
Mon Dec 11 10:56:46 PST 2000

   Agreed. My understanding of Hettinga's (and this list's, for the most
part) use of the term "geodesic" is to indicate the accomplishment of a
shortest path between two elemnts via increased individual capabilities and
reduced reliance on low-efficiency centralized control, as opposed to the
concept of eliminating or reducing centralized control in general just for
the sake of itself. I am only part of the way through the geodesic economy
texts, myself, but I like to think of the particular form of geodesic
architecture implied therein as incorporating some distributed
infrastructure as a means to an efficiency gain end. But then, I know fuck
all. Am I mistaken?